West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee provides update on her health after being "attacked"

 

Mamata Banerjee on the hospital bed

A day after she alleged that she was attacked by a hurd of people in Nandigram, West Bengal Chief Minister and Trinamool Congress leader Mamata Banerjee has released a video message in which she has urged her supporters and party members to remain calm.

In the video message she also said she will have to remain wheelchair bound for several time, but that won't affect her work and she will continue to fight for the people of Bengal.


In the above video she has said "It's true that I have been injured severely yesterday. I have pain in my hand,leg. There are ligament injuries too. Yesterday I experienced pain in my head and chest. I was offering my prayer at that time. There was such a massive push that my leg got squeezed by the car."

"Will request everyone to be calm and exercise restraint. Do not do anything to inconvenience others. I hope to get back to my work within 2 to 3 days. I will have some problem working but I will manage. Won't cancel my meetings but probably I will remain in the wheelchair for sometime. Please cooperate with me" said Mamata Banerjee.

However Opposition BJP were not pleased about the reaction by TMC yesterday regarding this incident. Speaking ahead to the ANI, BJP leader Kailash Vijayvargiya accused that TMC and Mamata Banerjee are "politicizing" this issue.

"They (TMC) are politicizing the issue. However we believe such incidents should not be politicized. I hope Election Commission will send enough central forces to West Bengal to control the political violence" said Vijayvargiya.

Other prominent BJP leaders have accused her of "doing nautanki(theatrics)" to gain sympathy from people and defame BJP and it's supporters.

Post a Comment

0 Comments