Karnataka CM BS Yediyurappa tests positive for COVID-19 for the second time

On Friday, Karnataka's Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa tested positive for COVID-19. According to the CMO,he will be shifted to Manipal Hospital from Ramaiah Memorial Hospital where he was admitted earlier in the day. 

This is the second time he has been tested positive after being admitted to the hospital in August 2020, when he was first tested positive.

"Upon having mild fever, today I got tested for COVID-19 and my report has come out positive. Although I am doing fine, I am being hospitalised based on the advice of doctors. I request all those who have come in my contact recently to be observant and exercise self-quarantine" read his recent tweet.

This comes at a time when the country reported 2,17,353 new cases. Karnataka also reported it's highest single day spike on Thursday when 14,738 new cases were reported.

Post a Comment

0 Comments