Comedian Daniel Fernandes Issues Public Apology for Hurting fans of Sushant Singh Rajput through his Satirical Video

Comedian Daniel Fernandes whose stand-up comedy video had earlier touched upon the subject of Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s death, has now issued a public apology on his social media handles for offending the fans of the late actor.

He wrote, “My recent stand-up video appears to have offended a lot of fans of the late Sushant Singh Rajput, many of who have pointed out an apology is in order and I agree!

As a comedian, my only intention is always only to entertain you and make you laugh, but sometimes in that endeavour, it is possible that I might evoke an unfavourable response. That being said, I would like to address my mistake. Towards the end of this bit, I said that Rhea has been acquitted of her charges. That is factually incorrect. She has been released on bail. For some weird reason, I used the word 'acquitted' by mistake in the Pune show. It is definitely not how I have written or performed it elsewhere. I take that back and apologize to anyone whose feelings may have been hurt.”

Also, through an editing oversight, one of my favourite jokes from this set got left out of the final cut. To fix this, I will upload a new version of this video with that joke next week. I stand by everything else I said” he further added.

On January 11, Fernandes shared his satirized video online where he referred to Sushant’s death, media attention followed by it, and the media trials of the late actor’s girlfriend, Rhea Chakraborty. However, this didn’t go well, as netizens claiming to be SSR’s fans soon began to call for the video to be reported.

A user wrote on Daniel's Instagram post, “Stop making fun of SSR and get your facts right. The case is ongoing. You got a problem with the Media? Title it the same. He doesn‘t deserve this.” “The worst thing you could do as a stand-up comedian is making jokes on a tragedy. Dislike and mass report this video for making jokes on Sushant Singh Rajput death," commented another.

Post a Comment

0 Comments