Former Rajya Sabha TMC MP Dinesh Trivedi Joins BJP; says, "Every person believes that PM Narendra Modi and BJP will keep the nation secure".

On Saturday, 6th March 2021, one of Trinamool Congress's Senior Leader Dinesh Trivedi has joined Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in the presence of the party's national president JP Nadda.

Union Minister Piyush Goyal was also present.

"This is the golden moment for me, for which I have been waiting for a long time. Nadda ji and my friends knew I was waiting for this. I never left ideology. The nation was above everything for me. Every person believes that PM Narendra Modi and BJP will keep the nation secure," Trivedi said.

He had earlier resigned as TMC MP from Rajya Sabha on February 12.

While announcing his resignation in the Rajya Sabha, Trivedi had said he was feeling suffocated. He also raked up the issue of violence in Bengal, which is also being raised by the BJP.

Several TMC leaders had earlier joined the BJP in the run up to Assembly elections.

West Bengal is likely to witness a triangular contest this time between TMC, Congress-Left alliance and the BJP.

Post a Comment

0 Comments