Breaking: Olympic Silver Medallist Mirabai Chanu to be appointed as Additional Superintendent of Manipur Police

On Monday evening, the Manipur Government has decided to appoint, Tokyo Olympics Silver Medallist weightlifter Mirabai Chanu, as Additional Superintendent of Police (Sports) in the police department.

This great announcement comes after Chanu returned back to India on 26 July 2021 and received a hero's welcome at the airport where fans and media persons had gathered in big numbers to welcome her.

  • Earlier, Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh had announced the state government's decision to give her Rs 1 crore for her historic show in Tokyo.

The state government will give you a sum of Rs 1 crore. You won’t be collecting tickets at railway stations and in trains any more. I am reserving a special post for you. I am meeting the honourable home minister in the evening. I am not revealing more details now and keeping it a surprise for you,” Singh told Chanu during a video call soon after she opened India's medal count in Tokyo.

Chanu told Singh, “I am so happy. Everyone in Manipur prayed for me and I have won a silver medal. I can’t be happier. People acknowledge our state now. I am thankful to everyone in Manipur for their support. I am here today only because of their support”.

Chanu had opened India's medals tally on Saturday as she bagged a silver in the Women's 49kg category at Tokyo International Forum. She lifted a total of 202 kg (87kg in snatch and 115kg in clean and jerk) during her four successful attempts across the competition.

Post a Comment

0 Comments