Karnataka CM BS Yediyurappa to serve as Caretaker CM after announcing resignation

 

B.S Yediyurappa

Amid continuous rumours and speculations regarding his future, Karnataka Chief Minister B.S Yediyurappa on Monday announced his resignation. His resignation comes on the second year anniversary of his government in Bengaluru. Yediyurappa will now be serving as the caretaker CM of Karnataka.

With tears in his eyes, the 78-year-old thanked PM Narendra Modi, Union Home Minister Amit Shah and BJP President JP Nadda to allow to continue to serve despite being over 75 years of age.

" I am grateful to PM Modi, Home Minister Amit Shah and BJP Chief JP Nadda for giving me this opportunity to serve Karnataka for two years. I also thank the people of Karnataka and my constituency. I decided to resign two days back. The governor has accepted my resignation" Yediyurappa was quoted by ANI.

The speculations regarding his future started last week when he was seen in Delhi. At the time, Yediyurappa had refused such rumours but hinted at two days ago.

Post a Comment

0 Comments